Our Privacy Principles
- We do not and will not ever sell customer information.
- We do not provide customer information to persons or entities outside of Take Cover, LLC (“Take Cover”), its affiliates, and its partners for their own marketing purposes, other than as described below.
III. We afford prospective customers, former customers, and existing customers the same protection regarding the use of personal information.
- We will not share any information (except for what is a matter of public record or as necessary to provide our services to you) with any unrelated entity or participants in your transactions without your consent, except as described below.
- Information Gathering
Due to the nature of our asset management and property services, from time to time, we or our affiliates must obtain non-public, personal information about you, which may include the following:
- Information on applications, questionnaires, or other forms including your name, address and/or social security number
- Information from a consumer report, including credit worthiness, credit history, and other information
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, including account numbers and balances and payment histories
- Information collected through an Internet “cookie” (an information collecting device from a web server)
- Other information as deemed necessary under the Patriot Act or Sarbanes–Oxley.
- Information that We Share
We use or share information in a limited and carefully controlled manner. We use or share your information in order to verify your identity and protect you against fraud, enable us to complete transactions quickly and efficiently, determine the right services to meet your needs, and to provide you with proper customer service. Examples of customer information that we may share include:
- Information we receive from you on account applications, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income
- Information we receive from affiliates, credit reporting agencies and other third parties not affiliated with us, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
Depending on the type of relationship you have with Take Cover, we may share information with our affiliates and with third parties as set forth below:
- Sharing information with our affiliates:
- In order to provide you with our various services and to meet mandated regulatory reporting requirements, we share information about you with our affiliates, as permitted by law.
- Sharing information with third parties not affiliated with Take Cover:
- We disclose information to unaffiliated third parties in limited circumstances for the purpose of providing various services related to the storage and virtual marina business. These unaffiliated third parties may include:
- Companies that perform services for your account that we do not provide ourselves;
- Companies that will help protect your account from fraud;
- Government agencies, courts, parties to lawsuits, regulators (in response to subpoenas) or otherwise as required by law. In such cases, we share only the information that we are required or authorized to share.
III. Confidentiality and Security
The security of your personal and financial information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to protect your information.
All employees are instructed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information as described in these policies, which are strictly enforced.
- Former Customers
If you end your relationship with Take Cover, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in our privacy notice, as amended from time to time.
At Take Cover, maintaining our clients’ trust and confidence is our top priority. We have made a conscious effort and commitment to safeguarding your personal information and to providing you with facts about how this information could be shared.